Here you will find step by step instructions for applying vinyl lettering. You can download a PDF of these instructions or view a video we have put together for you.
You will need:
Vinyl Sheet consists of three layers:
1. Clean surface and ensure it is dry before commencing application.
2. Place your lettering sheet in your desired location.
3. Use small pieces of masking tape to hold it in place
4. Ensure that the letters are straight by measuring to the letters (not the edge of the sheet) from the floor, ceiling or a known straight edge. Adjust the sheet and masking tape pieces as needed.
5. Once letters are straight, place a long piece of masking tape along the entire top edge of your lettering sheet.
6. Flip up the lettering and peel off the backing paper, be careful that all the lettering remains attached to the transfer paper. The masking tape is now working as a hinge.
7. Slowly lower the lettering sheet and gently rub over the lettering sheet (with straight edge implement) to adhere to the chosen surface. Work from the top centre down and out, making sure to force the bubbles out as you go
8. Firmly rub over the lettering (with straight edge implement) to securely adhere to the chosen surface. Work from the top centre down and out
9. Leave for an hour to adhere to the surface.
10. Carefully peel off the transfer paper to reveal your letters. If you notice any letters are pulling up with the transfer paper, re-rub onto the surface.
Large single horizontal words: After completing step 5 of the application instructions, cut between every two to three letters from the bottom of the sheet up to the masking tape holding the sheet in place at the top. This will leave you with smaller sections to apply making it easier to complete the installation.
Large multiple words: Prior to beginning the application, cut the lettering into manageable sized pieces, preferably keeping words and if possible lines in one piece. Now begin the application following the step by step instructions.
Application to Windows: Prepare a small spray bottle with a solution of warm water with a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid. After completing step 6 in the application instructions, spray a mist of the solution on to the window surface where you will be applying the lettering. The solution makes it easier to remove bubbles. Continue on with step 7 as per the instruction.
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we would be more than happy to help you!
Help us celebrate literature and delve into current creative ways to integrate fiction across the curriculum!
10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!
We have added this handy product
to our range following feedback
from our customers!
Now you can get all your spine
label needs in the one place!